If you are having issues connecting to your inverter’s monitoring we can help you with our step by step guide to get you back online. The most common reasons for having Wi-Fi issues are: A blackout or a power outage in your area, the modem has been switched off for some reason, you’ve changed your internet provider, your modem has been changed or upgraded, your PV system has been switched off recently, an electrician has been working on the property.
Wi-Fi Reconnection Guides
- Open the inverter’s menu by pressing the third button from the left.
- Scroll across to Set-Up, and press enter (furthest button on the right).
- Scroll down to Wi-Fi Access Point, and press enter again.
- Select Activate Wi-Fi AP.
- You’ll see the default Wi-Fi password is 12345678.
- Return to your tablet/smartphone, and go to Wi-Fi Settings
- Connect with your Fronius Inverters’ WiFi HotSpot by typing in the 12345678 password
- Open up any internet browser, and go type in the following web (IP) address: 192.168.250.181
- Click on settings on the right-hand hand side, then select network.
- In the table you will see your Wi-Fi network. Click/highlight your network, then click set.
- Then enter your Wi-Fi network password (remembering it is cap sensitive). Click set.
- Once set, click the tick towards the top of the screen on the right.
- This will then start the connection to your Wi-Fi Network. Leave the browser and return to the smartphone/tablets Wi-Fi settings and join back to your home network.
(FOOT NOTE, if you have two frequency’s available (2.4 or 5ghz) you must select the 2.4ghz. The inverter will not connect to the 5ghz as the frequency is too high.)
Once this has been completed your network should be up and running with no issue. If the connection fails, repeat to ensure you have put the Wi-Fi password in correctly. If this fails again, please contact the office.
To reconnect your SolarEdge monitoring, please either follow the link to a YouTube tutorial here or instructions below on how to reconnect your WiFi monitoring:
SolarEdge have a new app which makes it a very simple process:
- Download ‘MySolarEdge’ (you may have this app already that you monitor the system through).
- Login to your SolarEdge portal.
- Select your system.
- Click the 3 lines in the top left of the screen.
- Click inverter communication.
- Scan the QR on the side of the inverter.
- Follow the remaining prompts of the inverter.
1. Begin by downloading the FusionSolar app, this can be downloaded from the Google Play or Apple App stores. For all steps to come you will need access to your inverter and a Wi-Fi enabled device (such as a smartphone or tablet) with the FusionHome app installed.
2. Log into your inverter with the FusionSolar app. Select ‘Me’ > ‘Comissioning’, and then login as USER with the default password 00000a.
3. After you’ve logged in, choose “…” from the top right corner, then select settings, router connection settings, and then select your Wi-Fi network, insert your password, and connect.
Step 1: Connect device WiFi.
Firstly, go to your smartphone or tablet and open up the Settings. Locate the WIFI SETTINGS options. Once located, select the inverter WiFi network named “SG-******”.
The symbol “” indicates a successful connection, click NEXT.Information indicating a successful connection to the home network will pop up. Your inverter is reconnected.
Step 2: Login.
Once you’ve successfully connected to the inverter WiFi, open up your preferred WEB BROWSER (such as Chrome or Safari) on your smartphone or tablet and type in the default IP Address: “192.168.12.3” into the search bar and press enter. After the IP address has been confirmed by pressing the enter key, a message may appear indicating that the connection to the user interface of the inverter is not secure. SMA Solar Technology AG guarantees that the user interface is secure.
Step 3: Start installation assistant.
Once successfully logged into the SMA Sunny Portal APP, click the MENU button on the top right side of your screen, and select USER SETTINGS. Select START THE INSTALLATION ASSISTANT. Scroll down to the TYPE OF COMMUNICATION option and click the WLAN tab. Then select ACTIVATE WLAN. Tap the COG icon on your network and select WLAN SETTINGS. This will take a moment to load. Scroll to the top of the screen and make sure your network is connected.
Step 4: Save settings.
At the bottom of the screen, select SAVE and the NEXT button on each page until you reach the SUMMARY page. Keep in mind, DO NOT change any other details while going through the process. Press the CONTINUE button at the bottom of the SUMMARY page. Your inverter should now be connected to your network.