SolarEdge new range of inverters.
It has been a busy few months for SolarEdge with the release of their new 3ph hybrid inverter in January and now the new Genesis and Energy Hub single-phase inverters. Let us have a closer look at the 3ph model.
3ph SolarEdge Hybrid
For a long time, installers and consumers have been waiting for a 3ph hybrid inverter from SolarEdge that offers design flexibility, battery compatibility, and the potential for oversizing the PV when a battery is installed. Our prayers have been answered. This new Hybrid ticks all the boxes and is quickly becoming the benchmark for 3ph hybrid inverters.
So, what are its features? Well:
- Maximum design flexibility, enabling fewer, longer strings.
- Battery ready – DC-coupled PV inverter, future-proofed for SolarEdge battery connection*
- Single vendor for all warranty and service issues, and seamless system operation
- Up to 200% DC oversizing when a battery is connected, for battery charging and improved low light performance.
- Supports (optional) smart energy devices and future system upgrades.
- Fast inverter commissioning directly from a smartphone using SetApp.
- Excellent reliability with a standard 12-year warranty (extendable to 20 or 25 years)
- Panel-level monitoring via built-in Ethernet or Wi-Fi (optional cellular connectivity also supported)
- Advanced safety features, including SafeDCTM and integrated arc fault protection.
- IP65 is rated for outdoor or indoor installations.
What about a battery?
Well without giving too much away SolarEdge is hoping to release their battery at the back end of 2021. This means if you install your system now you will soon have the option of connecting your SolarEdge battery and completing your single-vendor solution. We can then overload your inverter up to 200% for charging and improved low light performance.